Wednesday, June 1, 2011

BBQ Chicken Wraps

Now that grilling season is officially upon us, it's time to break out my favorite grill recipes.  These chicken wraps are more of a suggestion for assembly, rather than a true recipe.  They're one of my favorite summer dinners and an awesome way to use up leftover chicken (grilled or not).  And the best part is just switch up the veggies and dressing to create a totally different taste. 


BBQ Chicken Wraps

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce (or more if you like alot of lettuce)
1/2 red medium onion, sliced thin
2 medium tomatoes, diced
6-8 tablespoons Italian dressing (my favorite is Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Vinagrette)
6-8 flour tortillas

1 - Grill chicken, basting with BBQ sauce until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees
2 - Remove chicken from grill and let cool
3 - Once cooled, slice chicken breasts thin
4 - To assemble, warm a tortilla (on the grill or in the microwave for a few seconds) to soften
5 - Place 2-3 tablespoons lettuce, approx 1 tablespoon onion and 1 tablespoon tomato onto warmed tortilla
6 - Top with 1/6th (or 1/8th) of the sliced chicken and 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
7 - Drizzle with 2 tablespoons Italian dressing (or to taste)
8 - Roll it up burrito style and slice down the middle



I participate in the following link parties: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, The Girl Creative, Making the World Cuter, Miss Crafty Pants, Super Stinky Boys, Mad In Crafts, Embellishing Life Everyday, Keeping It Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Chocolate Drool & Kisses, Simply Cadence, Polly Wanna Crafter, Sew Can Do, Tip Junkie, My Frugal Family, Coastal Charm, New Nostagalia, Blessed with Grace, The Creative Itch, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Home Stories A to ZThe Lettered Cottage, A Bowl Full of Lemons, At Home with K, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Gluesticks, Extreme Personal Measures, The Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Someday Crafts, All Things Heart and Home, Elements Interiors, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Seven Thirty Three, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Black Kat Design, Thrifty 101, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous, Poppies at Play, The Inspired Room, KoJo Designs, Whipperberry, Inspiring CreationsRomantic Home, The Speckled Dog, At the Picket Fence, Little Brick Ranch, Designer Garden, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, Saturday Morning Blog, It's a Crafty Life, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Jewish Mom, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff, Marvelously Messy, Nifty Thrifty Things, Thrifty Decor Chick, The Cottage Chick,

33 comments:

Becky McNeer said...

Yum! I love Grilled Chicken Wraps! This looks delish!
http://homesandbabies.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

ok, now i am hungry!

Vintage Marigold said...

Those look really good!

Martha said...

mmm yum! Those look delicious!!

KB and Whitesnake said...

I love wraps. Thanks for sharing.

KB

Linda said...

This looks so yummy!

BluBabesCreate said...

Coming over for dinner!

Unknown said...

This looks soooo yummy!! I'd love for you to link up!!

http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/06/wow-me-wednesday-12.html

~jan said...

Those look so good! I can't wait to try them. Came from tatertots and jello.

~jan at thepaisleycupcake.blogspot.com

Chef in Training said...

this looks really good! I am going to have to try this sometime! I found your blog through a link party and I LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Shelley said...

These sound so yummy and perfect to take in the cooler to my son's baseball games. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Found you on TT&J :)

Unknown said...

This looks yummy! :)

Have a great weekend!
~Liz

Vintage Marigold said...

I added these to my Virtual Picnic spotlight, I hope you don't mind!

Jennifer @ Rustic Renditions said...

Sounds delish! I am definitely going to try it out :)

Liz said...

Perfect meal for the summer months. thank you for posting!

~Liz

www.fresh-plate.blogspot.com

Jenniffier said...

Looks so yummy. So simple too. Thanks for sharing!

Kath said...

oh my goodness! this looks so good. yummy yummy yummy

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

um love this!!!!! looks awesome:)
i love it

http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

Jaime Lyn said...

Hi!! I saw you featured on Under the Table and Dreaming and wanted to come and say hi and great recipe!!!
Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Ok...how fast can you deliver? I would like this for lunch today :)
Looks delicious!

Hope you can come see me at http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

Kristy said...

Wow! These look really good! Thanks for the ideas :)

Kristy said...

Wow! These look really good! Thanks for the ideas :)

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Thanks for linking these up to Think Pink Sundays!! They look amazing! :) I featured you today! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2011/06/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-highlights/

my spare time design said...

Making these tommorrow cause I actually have all the ingredients!!!! But just wondering you list shredded chicken in the recipe....do you mean cheese?

Beth said...

I love a good wrap and these look delish!

Camille said...

These seriously look amazing!
I am your newest follower and I am actually featuring this recipe on my blog for Fresh Food Friday! So come by and grab a button if you would like to! :)
Have a great night!
Camille @
http://SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

Mindie Hilton said...

yumm-o

I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

Come strut your stuff.

Jenn said...

This sounds so light and refreshing. I cannot wait to give it a try!

Stephanie Hillberry said...

These look delicious, and I've been keeping my eye open for some healthy, easy summer meals. I love that you combined bbq sauce with italian dressing, which is a combo I would never have considered! I bet it tastes delicious! Great idea!

Warmly,
Stephanie from Deviantly Domesticated

Fishtail Cottage said...

yum. i'm your newest follower. coming over from Romantic Home link party to say hello!
xoox. tracie

Erin said...

these look delicious! I am your newest follower. :)
ERIN
http://eatingmywayback.blogspot.com

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

These wraps look delicious! Perfect for summer too! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party. I am a little behind commenting - but I have featured this last week. Hope you are having a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

Chef in Training said...

I just wanted to stop by and tell you I featured these on my blog today! Feel free to come by and grab a button!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails