Monday, December 19, 2011

The Pirate's Life for Me

Last week I shared this Pirate Kit over at Darling Doodles for her 12 Days of Gift-mas.  Here it is...just in case you missed it :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a just-turned-four-year old boy.  And like lots of little boys I know, he loves to pretend!  We recently discovered the new Jake and the Pirates cartoon on the Disney channel, and my little guy is hooked (heh heh).  This Christmas, my little first mate will be finding this Pirate Kit under the tree:


IMG_0323a



I just so happened to score this perfect treasure chest at JoAnns.  With my 40% off coupon, it was cheaper than one of the unfinished chests!  And so my kit began...


IMG_0307



Every pirate worth his jolly roger has found some treasure, so I made a few stenciled booty bags and filled them with Queen's Gold (Dollar Store) and some Crown Jewels (vase filler from Walmart).


IMG_0312



I added in a pirate vest (modeled after the one Jake wears in Jake and the Pirates)

IMG_0521


And a foam cutlass (from amazon), eye patch and pirate hat (local party store)


IMG_0331



And of course - I had to add in a DVD of Jake and the Pirates!


IMG_0309



This was such a fun theme kit to put together for my little Muchkin!  I can't wait to see him open it on Christmas morning!


IMG_0298


I participate in the following link parties: Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, The Girl Creative, Making the World Cuter, Miss Crafty Pants, Super Stinky Boys, Mad In Crafts, Embellishing Life Everyday, Keeping It Simple, The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Chocolate Drool & Kisses, Simply Cadence, Polly Wanna Crafter, Sew Can Do, Tip Junkie, My Frugal Family, Coastal Charm, New Nostagalia, Blessed with Grace, The Creative Itch, Funky Polka Dot Giraffe, Home Stories A to ZThe Lettered Cottage, A Bowl Full of Lemons, At Home with K, All Thingz Related, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Gluesticks, Extreme Personal Measures, The Thrifty Home, The Trendy Treehouse, Someday Crafts, All Things Heart and Home, Elements Interiors, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, House of Hepworths, Seven Thirty Three, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Beyond the Picket Fence, Black Kat Design, Thrifty 101, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Finding Fabulous, Poppies at Play, The Inspired Room, KoJo Designs, Whipperberry, Inspiring CreationsRomantic Home, The Speckled Dog, At the Picket Fence, Little Brick Ranch, Designer Garden, Simply Sweet Home, Simply Designing, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, Saturday Morning Blog, It's a Crafty Life, I Heart Naptime, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Jewish Mom, Flamingo Toes, The DIY Showoff, Marvelously Messy, Nifty Thrifty Things, Thrifty Decor Chick, The Cottage Chick, Running with Glitter, One Artsy Mama, Dittle Dattle, Southern Lovely, Naptime Creations, Ladybird Ln, Sew Many Ways,

17 comments:

Designed by Dawn Nicole said...

So cute!! My son loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates. That chest is perfect too!

Melissa (Melly Sews) said...

What a fun present!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I absolutely love that! I think any type of kit is really fun for kids but this pirate kit is just adorable. I'm sure your little guy will love it!

Erin @ Simply Frugal Mom said...

What a fun idea! I'll have to remember this for my son's birthday!

Anonymous said...

My son got a Pirate gift box for Christmas too. It was a hit!! we haven't seen the Jake show, so I'll have to check it out. I also love the crown jewels and thier little bag. I will have to be on the lookout for those and make some bags!!

Unknown said...

So cute! Found you on Fireflies and Jellybean's Link party.

This goes great with my pirate letters!
http://serendipityandspice.blogspot.com/2012/01/modge-podge-letters.html

Katie@a mom, a wife, and a me said...

I have a strong love for "kit" gifts as my husband calls them.. and this one is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

That is SO perfect! Love the jewels -- they're a great touch.

Coupon Clippin Mommy said...

I'm doing a pirate party for my sons Birthday later this month I may have to look into something like this for him!

Elisa Black said...

What a great kit!! My son would love this. FYI-- if you have an IKEA near you, they have a wonderful red treasure chest (allegedly for holding toys) for about $8. Don't you just love those Joann's coupons?? They've saved me a LOT of money.

Jill said...

This is super cute! I love pirate-ness. Wilton makes a cute package of pirate cupcake liners:
http://www.envirocraftiness.com/2011/05/yarrrr.html

Michelle said...

Thanks for linking up at DIY Thrifty Thursday.....You've been featured! Stop by and grab an "I was featured button"! Hope to see you again this week!
Michelle @Thrifty 101
www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

SOOOO love this!!! My nephew turns two next month and he's having a Jake pirate party. Totally doing something like this for him. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Carrie said...

So fun! I am your newest follower. I would love to invite you to our sharing party--Sharing Saturday. A new one will start on Saturday and would love to have you share at it.

April said...

So cute! My dd is having a mermaid party and I have been looking for pirate ideas for the few boys that will be there. Thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

What a cute idea, makes me miss Lil Tony's younger years. They grow so fast. Enjoy!

Lindsi B said...

Seeing this makes me want to yell Ahoy There Maty! Found you on Skip to my Lou. Such a fantastic post! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails